Monday, March 7, 2011

Road Trip!

Last week we spent the majority of the week in Idaho. We decided to head up with Jared for work, and then the region 18 basketball tournament. We started our trip out in Idaho Falls. We had a great view from our hotel of the beautiful temple. We went to dinner at The Olive Garden, and were feeling really great about our "vacation". Sometime around bedtime that night, our minds slowly started to change. Graham wasn't really too excited about going to sleep in his crib, or necessarily with us. All I can say about that night is that when I woke up the next morning, (guess I must have got some sleep) I was glad it was over!

We worked on our way to Twin Falls, making a lovely stop in American Falls. And by lovely I mean, try not to stop at this place. We made it to Twin Falls in time for a first round game. We won. The best part of this day was that while driving around(only way Graham would take a nap) I had the nicest man DELIVER five guys to my car so that Graham could stay asleep!! Yup, only in Twin Falls, Idaho.


We again, didn't get much sleep the next night, and the trip starts to get fuzzy here for me. We were busy and tired. SLCC went on to win, and make it to the championship game. We went to Shoshone Falls the last day to pass the time while waiting for the 7:30 PM game! Its always fun to be around the team. It reminds me of when we lived in Seattle. Graham was very tired at this point, and didnt really love the misting.




Patrick and Steve are Grahams two favorite guys on the team. They are so cute with him. Steve is pretty tall and sometimes Graham looks at him like "woa".
Graham really was a pretty good boy considering all the driving and basketball. He doesn't look too happy in this pic, but I think he had a pretty good time.





SLCC lost their last game to CSI. It was a sad game. They are an up and down team. They can be great, and they can be not so great. Its fun to take Graham to the games, and have him find his dad out on the court or on the bench. He always finds him, points, and says "da da". He is always moving, and sometimes its a battle. We are happy watching Daddio be happy:) We drove home after the game, and arrived in Kaysville at around 1 AM! I've never been so happy to be home.
We had a great adventure, but can't wait to take a real vacation with adults only:) Saying that doesn't make me a bad mom does it?

3 comments:

  1. Ha, that sounds just like the trip we just took. It's exactly how I felt. We went with Marc to Omaha. Yeah--eight hours in the car with a two year old and three year old. We finally get there and we're looking forward to sleeping, but of course that didn't happen. Staying at a hotel used to be a fun, relaxing time, but now it's just a horrible, sleepless night on a crappy bed--two feet away from two kids who won't go to sleep. We were going to spend the night at the halfway point last night, but we decided we'd rather drive all night than stay in another hotel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cole, sounds like many cattle trips that we've taken the kids on. I always need another vacation to rest! Thanks for taking care of my boy and letting him stay at your place! xobon

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been two years since Justin and I have had a vaca without kids and next weekend we get to go. I am SOOO excited! I am pretty sure we aren't bad mom's, just mom's who need time with daddies. :) Hope you get a fun vaca in soon!!

    ReplyDelete