Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Laughing with Grandma

I took this video during our last trip to Utah. Graham thought Grandma Vickie was just hilarious. I took my camera out a little late..he had been laughing a lot hard earlier, but still caught his little laugh and squeel. Ive been thinking a lot about what a great Grandma my mom is lately. She is so sweet, loving, and very patient. She is also one of the most thoughtful people I know(she is very good at the details).It is so nice when we are at her house. She wants to hold him, take him on walks around the house, and play with him almost as much as me:) She has always been a great mom, but it is interesting how much more I appreciate it now, because it has rolled over into her great Grandma-ness. We still haven't left Graham for more than an hour with anyone except my mom. I just feel like she will love him and take care of him as I would..and that makes it a little, just a little easier to leave. Grandma Vickie always sends Graham stuff in the mail, and is always picking him up little surprises. He might not fully understand/appreciate it now, but I sure do. She makes Graham feel like he is #1..or so it seems to me. Its such an amazing thing to see your child being loved. It I hope that I have gotten just a few of her wonderful attributes and strive to be a mother like she is.

Thanks Mom/Grandma Vickie for taking such good care of us! We love you very much.

2 comments:

  1. That movie is so cute...I love to hear babies laugh. We love Grandma Vickie and feel like number one in her book too! She is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom was the first person and only person to watch my kids for a very long time. It will still be that way if she hadn't moved so far.

    ReplyDelete