Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Things are about to change.

We are one week away from the arrival of new baby Charlie. It is soooo exciting and we are soooo ready. I have worried and wondered about how the integration would go with Graham since we first found out that we were pregnant. Tonight, as I laid with him in bed, I felt a little, a little sad I guess to be honest. Not sad in a bad way, just sad in a never be just you and me way. Of course we are having Charlie to make Graham's life better. No one wants to be an only child:) He has been the sweetest little boy the last month or so. He has been giving us extra hugs, and snuggling longer. Maybe its in my head, but I know he knows something is going on, somethings are about to change. He knows Charlie is in my belly, and where Sissy's room is. He will see her clothes and say, "oh thats cute mama". He covers me up with a blanket and tells me to lay on the couch or pillow. He is a very good tender. He gets up in the middle of the night lately I think just to lay with his dada whom he loves so much. They are best friends. I'm so grateful that they have each other.
I just love him so much, and hope this adjustment goes ok for him. I hope he doesn't miss his mama, or think that he isn't our world, because he is..he always will be. We will just add another person to all of our worlds.
Ok, I'm getting too emotional just thinking about everything, so I'm going to stop now. Its an unbelievable thing the love you can have for your child. I am so blessed to be your mom Graham, and I will do anything and everything I can to be my best for you. Hang in there these next couple of weeks, everything will be alright.

1 comment:

  1. Oh moj, I know exactly how you feel! I would sit and hold Reece every night for weeks, thinking "things will never be the same." I kept telling myself that the new baby would be such a good thing for Reece, and that his life would ultimately be better because of it. Now, of course, everything is fine and I still have my little boy (who's suddenly not so little anymore), and we all have this special little girl, too. Graham is going to be blessed to have little Charlie, and everything is definitely going to be even more wonderful than you ever imagined. Little girls are so sweet, and watching Graham be a big brother is going to make you even happier than you are now. I can't wait to hear how it all goes! Good luck with everything. I'll be thinkin' of ya. Te dua!

    ReplyDelete