Thursday, October 28, 2010

Journal Entry?

So, I've never really used this blog as a journal. Its definitely been more of a "photo blog" to say the least with a few captions here and there. I think this is because I feel like my thoughts are too personal, and why would anyone really care what I thought/was feeling. Well, this is MY blog so I am going to use it a little more freely for a journal type blog. I mean, in all honesty it will probably be like one every 20 photo posts, but hey I'm going to try. I print out my blog books for the year, and think it would be nice to have some of my thoughts down on paper.

Today for example.... I went out for a jog(the weather was so nice), and on my way back saw something very scary. I was about 3 blocks from home and I saw a police car pulling into our street. Its was in a big hurry, and I quickly blew it off to someone being pulled over. I then saw two more police vehicles drive in. I start hearing sirens and lights coming faster and faster. I then started to FREAK OUT. Jared had been home with Graham, and they had just been on a little Truman walk. My mind started racing of what could of happend to them, and I started sprinting. I'm not the quickest runner, im better at distance:) But I started to run as fast as I could. I started to get more and more worked up as I get closer. As I turned the corner and saw that the cars were NOT at my house, I started to tear up. By the time I ran in the garage and saw the stroller parked, I was crying pretty hard. Jared didnt answer at first, then I saw them on the back patio. I ran to him and just was so grateful that they were ok.

He apparently had the same thought at the same time. He kept hearing the sirens and as they got closer, and thought I had gone up on the road and been hurt. We were both really happy to see each other..safe.

Turns out a poor roofer had fallen and hit his head. Life-flight came and landed literally 30 yards from our house. Everyone was a little shaken up. There are only about 6 or 7 families in our neighborhood so far, and everyone has little kids running around. They thought the man would be fine, just doing all the necessary measures to make sure of it.

I again realized how unbelievably important my family is to me. Its amazing how you can feel so completed and dependant upon your family. I have never worried, loved, wanted to take care, be better for, worried, tried, put more into, worried for anyone more in my life than Jared and Graham. Its exhausting:) But I wouldn't have it any other way. I also have never had so much Joy in my life. Im so grateful for the relief I felt/feel knowing that they were/are ok.

4 comments:

  1. Nicole seriously...thank you so much for taking the time to put this blog together and keeping it up to date! These pics from Cherry Hill are the cutiest dang pics ever! Looks like fun for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your so cute! Family Is Everything

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you get more scared now that you're a mother... this has happened to me too.

    ReplyDelete