Wednesday, February 16, 2011

27th year

As my birthday grows near, I thought I'd write an ode to my 27th year.
I've been thinking about this blog post for quite some time now. A few random thoughts will pop into my head, and I'll think, hey that would be great for my 27th year blog post. It depends on the day how I view my 27th year to be completely honest. I've noticed a lot of changes, which is why in the first place I even thought about logging it all down.


First of all, I'm really starting to feel the effects of old age. I truely feel the getting older transition. I know, I know, I'm still a young pup (depends on who you ask),BUT I really do! My body is achy A LOT! Yes I do put it through quite rigerous workouts, but still nothing out of the ordinary. I have a bad back. I complain to Jared about it all the time. My Dad call me a wuss. Ever since I had my galbladder taken out, my back has never been the same. I don't see any cooralation, but nevertheless its true. It takes my body longer to recover from my crazyness, and I find myself reaching for the IBprofin bottle more than ever:)


Second, HELLO wrinkles!! I am noticing my laugh lines and not so tight skin more than I ever have. This year has made me start an an anti-aging, take better care of your skin program. I stick to it pretty good. I definetly moisturize more than ever before.


Third, I don't really need to go into detail of how your body changes after a baby. Lets just say, IT DOES!

Fourth, I have once or twice found a few grey hairs, and immediately plucked those suckers out! Ugh!


I also have this new weird chest bone that pokes out. My mom has one, and I call it her chicken bone. Why did I grow this?

In all seriousness, I have had an unbelievably blessed year. I have such a wonderful partner who I not only like, but am completely in love with:) I have a beautiful, happy, healthy little boy that makes my every day. We live in a beautiful home, and are close to our wonderful families. I feel like I'm getting to a good place with my wife/mother duties. I am certainly not claiming to be wise, but I think I have gained some wisdom, patience, and understanding. I continue to be surprised by life, and hopefully learn from it. I'm very grateful for all the "growing pains" that have come with this past year. After all they are called growing for a reason:) This year has been full of great joy as well. I conclude my 27th year feeling content, happy, and blessed(a little sore as well).

1 comment: