Friday, December 16, 2011

My Little Girl

Hi Charlie,
I cannot believe that you have hit your 7 week mark, sweetheart, you have grown so much. From the day you were born, although you made us pretty nervous for a couple days, you have been such a joy. You are a beautiful baby and your two little dimples could not be cuter (your left one shows up a little more, but if we see both we know you have a BIG smile on). You really seem so much bigger than when you were born! You're starting to chunk up a little more everyday. I love to see your little double chin and your chubby cheeks...even your legs are getting a little meat on them. You are tiring, but in the best way. You seem to love to be held; I don't think you care who it is, unless it is me and then you love it even more. You like me to bundle you up with the blanket forming a little hood on the top of your head...and you try to resist me holding your arms close to your body, but that only lasts for a second before you settle in and let me snuggle you up. You're tolerant of Graham being up in your face all the time, but I don't think you would mind if he gave you 10 inches every once in a while. He and I both only smother you though because we love you so much...we can't help ourselves. Your mom is incredible with you. You love her most. She is so sweet and gentle with you and does only the things that make you happy and strong. I know you two will have a bond that is so special, even among all mothers and daughters. You make our house brighter--sometimes literally because we're up in the night with you--but mostly just figuratively. You are special and we hope you know it (or come to that realization quickly) because we know it. We love you and will always try to be our best for you.
Love,
Your dad

1 comment:

  1. She is seriously so beautiful. I love her! What a lucky girl to have such great parents.

    ReplyDelete